CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!



I am finally sitting down to blog again!!! Father's Day was a nice day to spend with my hubby Nate. My Father in law was out of town, and My Dad lives in Texas, so we had a nice enjoyable afternoon hanging out at home after church. I gave my lesson from Elder Bednar's talk, "Ask in Faith", and it went real well. I felt so impressed with the ladies in our Relief Society, with their special spirit. Their was a special spirit that Sunday in our ward, because one of our members, a 29 year old Father, Dave Wright, passed away the previous Wednesday. He leaves behind his most beautiful wife Kelly and their 2 1/2 year old daughter, Kennedy. Nate and I went to the viewing Sunday night. I think the world of Kelly and my heart aches for her, I only wish that I could take away some of her pain. I am so grateful for my family, my healthy, happy, family. I think it often takes instances like these to step back and re-evaluate the importance of the small things, and not to let all the "other" things get in the way. "Always speak kind words at parting, they might be your last words."




I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THE BEST HUSBAND. I can't even to begin to tell you how incredible Nate is as a Father. I know my children are learning incredible lessons from him. I could list a million qualities I adore about Nate, but here are just a few. He is ALWAYS thinking of others, he loves to make me and the kids happy, he would do whatever it takes to provide the best for his family, he loves to kiss each and every one of his kids to bed at night, he teaches his children how to pray to their Father in Heaven, He shares his testimony to his children, he is always there to kiss and tell his kids he loves them and is not afraid to show affection, he treats his daughters like little princesses, he loves to coach his kids teams, I can go on and on!!!!! I am so grateful that I found a man that really truly gets his great role as a Father and a husband. I couldn't have picked a better best friend to spend my life with. ( I know sappy...but SO true)




I need to express my feelings more, especially after attending Dave's funeral and hearing the most amazing tribute Kelly gave, as she spoke of the love and friendship they shared in their seven years together. I will not take all of my blessings for granted...the gospel, the love of my savior, my husband, my children, my family and friends, my health, my sense of humor, the Holy Ghost. I am blessed beyond my wildest dreams..

1 comments:

JoRae aka Lolae said...

Amen,you could not have said it more perfectly. I pray for Kelly all the time. I know she is being watched over. Especially after that tribute at the funeral.