CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 29, 2008

MS 150 Bike tour

Me and cutest Abbey

Right after the race!! Go team Lifetime!!

Em, Heather, Heidi, Me, Kaycee, Abbey and Cassie


The "FAB FOUR" Catch us if you can!!!



Me and my bike!!!
In the parking lot after the ride, Kaycee's car wouldn't start.
Abbey, Kaycee, Heidi, Deb, Cassie


I decided Thursday afternoon, that I was going to ride the in the MS 150. I had changed my mind a couple of weeks ago not to ride, and then after the Ragnar relay I was sure I wasn't going to ride, because I felt I needed time to recover. But Thursday I got a call from Jen, that put the bug in me and I decided to go for it. So I took my bike in for a tune up, called Nate at work and he said "go for it!" I am so glad I have a supportive husband that wants me to do what i love.



So I met up with Abbey, Kaycee Heidi and Cassie at Lifetime at 2:00 Friday afternoon. We loaded the bikes on my bike rack and we were off. We had a small detour in Brigham city Wal-mart to get things to decorate our bikes and helmets. You will see the pics when I get them back from Kaycee. Kaycee and I had a laughing attack in the hotel, I laughed so hard cried, because she had this stupid parrot mounted to her handlebars that SQUEEKED LOUD!! Abbey added a loud horn to her bike. You could see and hear us from a mile away!!


We took off and didn't look back once...not for 100 miles!!! My favorite part of the ride was after lunch when the four of us, Kaycee, Abbey, Heidi and I rode hard and fast and knocked out the last 30 miles in serious time. I LOVED IT!!! My butt didn't, but I totally did!



What a blast I had, SO glad I decided last minute to ride. I forgot how much I love to be out on the road. I especially like riding with a group of gals that can have fun and ride as a team.



I am posting just a couple of pics now until Kaycee gets me some copies of the pics she took with her camera!! More later!!!

0 comments: