
So I went grocery shopping all of the sales yesterday and bought some artichokes. I HAVE NO IDEA how to cook or prepare one...Does anyone have any insight on the little thorny buggers? I would LOVE to prepare them in a healthy, yummy way for my family...but am LOST. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am not the world's best cook. So I would love ideas/recipes that you have used, so I can attempt to prepare my first artichoke!!:)
Thursday, April 17, 2008
What do you do with an artichoke???
Posted by Tebbs Times at 2:25 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Go to allrecipes.com,and type in artichoke in the search and you will find a bunch of yummy recipes. i love this website, I always get a ton of my recipes from here. And you can modify the ingredients to be healthy. hope this helps. Let me know what you end up cooking maybe I will have to but them next time and try to cook with them :)
Yummy! We grew up having artichokes as a "treat". My mom would just steam them or microwave them in a shallow dish of water. Then we'd just peel off each leaf, dip in butter and eat off the ends. Then when you get to the heart (after all the fuzzy yucky stuff), we'd divide that up and eat it too. I'm sure you are an amazing cook!!! I use artichokes in salads alot but fresh are way too much work for that. I just buy them jarred or canned. Have fun!!!
I am with you...I love artichokes but have no idea how to cook them. My mom used to steam them as well and then dip them in butter. Let me know if you find a good recipe for them, and I am sure you will.
I know you don't know me, I found you through Michelle's blog! I am her sister-in-law. We used to have artichokes growing up too and I love them! My mom used to cut the sharp points off around the tips of the leaves and then steam them. Then you just peel each leaf and eat the bottom part. We used to dip the leaves in melted butter. Mmmmm, so good. Does that help at all? Just thought I'd put my two cents in!
Post a Comment