CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 21, 2008

Beautiful Northwest...Welcome home Michael Ryan

July 11th- 14th I got to take a small trip with my parents to visit my cute cousin that just got home from his mission in Paraguay. It was such a great time to visit with my Mom's side of the family that I haven't seen in years...It was especially fun because we surprised Michael Ryan, because he had NO idea that we were flying in to visit. It was so great to see him, and to see how much he has grown in the last two years. Grown on the outside, yes, but grown in amazing ways in the inside as well. Michael Ryan and my Mom are both converts to the church. My Mom joined when she was 18 and Michael when he was 15. I am truly insipred by the special spirit Michael has and was able to share with the people of Paraguay for the last two years. I felt of his sweet, humble and undeniable testimony he has of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

It was so wonderful to hear him speak on Sunday in church, he gave an incredible talk on what faith is all about, how faith grows and why we need to have faith in out Savior Jesus Christ. I am in awe at how strong and intelligent Michael is. It was so good to be reminded of the importance of one of the first principles of our gospel, "faith in the Lord Jesus Christ". Michael is such a great example of a faithful member of the church. Thanks for sharing your testimony with me Michael!!!

Thanks to Mom and Dad, for a great little getaway...It has been a LONG time since I have been away alone with my Parents...I love them and miss them, and am grateful for their examples in my life. They make me want to be a better Mom, wife, sister and daughter. Mom, thanks for all your faith you had as an young investigator in the church...I am so lucky that you were so strong in your conviction as you were alone with you decision to join the church at 18. You amaze me!! I love you very much!!!

O yah...Michael might KILL me for saying this, but he will be attending BYU in the fall, so all you cute young girls....keep your eye out for this great guy, he is a GREAT catch!!! Hehehe:)






Michael Ryan, his little bro Chandler and his Dad Mike...we had some good laughs!! I hope we see you again next summer at the reunion in Oregon!!! Thanks for your hospitality!!!

1 comments:

Michael said...

Deb, I can't believe you put that on your blog...it's ok I guess though because I haven't had much luck here in Vancouver yet...I'll explain later. You're awesome!