Ok...I know that Kamdyn is 2 now...so you are probably wondering when is she going to be done with the binky right? Well after I talked to my pediatrician, I felt a little bit better about her still using it on occasion, as long it isn't messing up her bite, or getting in the way of her speech. I think we are safe for now, but I know the day will come to bid farewell to the binky. How did you get rid of your binky, pasifier, nuk? Maybe I will be able to put to use your methods of breaking my sweet Kamdyn off of her binky...
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Got binky???
Posted by Tebbs Times at 12:04 PM
Labels: binky any one???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



22 comments:
OK so I feel so much better that she still has a binky! My littel Zachy will be 2 friday and I swore that he would be off by then...NOPE! It's ok Kamdyn and Zac can hang together! Thanks for the awesome strike class, you kicked by BOOT-A.
I was very lucky. After 7 months or so, both of my boys just stopped wanting it. Getting the bottle away from them was the hard part!!!
I am right there with you! Any advice would be fabulous. According to her doctor she is supposed to be off the binkie by now and is supposed to be off her bottle in a month. Well shoot - I haven't done either :)
such a hard one!! Sean actually threw his last binky into the trash can at the SL Airport and so it was just gone for good. I warned him before he did it that it would be gone for good if he put it in. And then we had to get on the plane and it really was gone for good. (he threw it in there b/c i ripped a hole in it). hope shopping was fun Monday!!
by the way...he was well over 2 1/2 -- it clearly did not affect his speech. :)
I don't know about binkies, but my Jaida still sucks her thumb and she will be 6 next month. I asked her if she sucked it at school and she said..."of course I do mom, it makes me happy" Oh well. A girls got to do what a girls got to do to be happy sometimes!! We might get one of those ortho units put in at some point, but for now such away.
oops that is....Suck away not such a way.
oh she is darling! My little devree still has her binki too! Thankfully Mike made me feel so much better about it :) We are slowly trying to spend less time with it during the day but it is a hard habit to break!!! were down to like 22 hours a day rather than 24 :)!!
Oh it will happen with time. hopefully! Tell her the baby birds need them...it worked with Caleb.. :)
My almost 3 yr. old daughter still has hers at night. I heard the binky fairy works pretty well. You tell her she is coming to take he binky's and leave some fun new prizes. You put all the binky's in a pile and use confetti to leave a path for where the binky fairy was with some fun stuff she would like. I'm trying it next week. I'll let you know.
A neighbor of mine had her son help them tie the binky's to balloons and then waved to them as they went off into the sky......It worked for them (obviously they had some long nights in the beginning) but now it's gone for good. It was kind of a cute thing to watch!
My kids have loved their binky's!
Hey debbie, you don't know me but if you check my blog you will probably recognize me from your Tuesday Strike class (I found yours through abbey's blog). For my daughter I tried cutting a little of the nipple off but accidently cut to much. She didn't like it after that because it was "broken". Every time she asked for it I would remind her that it was broken and we had to throw it away. She got over it pretty fast. I'll definitely be trying it again with my second.
That is the cutest picture! My Jaxon is the same way, has one in his mouth and carries another! I keep thinking we should start taking it away! Kyra never liked it so I have no clue either! She is only 2 I wouldn't worry about it yet, she's your baby!
She reminds me of Holland. She would have one in her mouth and one in each hand and then she would take it out of her mouth and put a new one from her hand in and just keep rotating. Sam isn't sure about his binki yet. Kamdyn is a beautiful little girl!!
Don't take it away from her - look how cute she looks!
I am on the same page!! Lincoln loves his bink and he love to hold one as well! My doc said the same thing..so we try to just have it during naps/night and those long car rides!! I say if they are totally using it for comfort Let them!! And don't you love my friend Hailey from the Dr's office?? She's great!
This is a hard one but this is coming from a dental Hygienist...it has to come to a stop sometime, so don't ruin the teeth over it. My girls got to keep theirs till a little over one years old and then one day we were playing a game with it and she would throw it and I being so sneaky cut of the tip with scissors and showed her it was broken, after they all broke...they were all gone. Good luck with this..you can do it. It is always harder on Mom, I bet you would be amazed at how well she will probably do without it.
About a Christmas party...haven't planned anything, but we will keep you posted.
We have a binky problem too, but I think she'll eventually stop needing it for the comfort thing. Don't worry too much! Here's my blog link:
www.crumpcapers.blogspot.com
Debbie....I'm not sure if you remember me. My name is Susanne Cunningham and I used to work @ lifetime fitness in the child center. It's been about a year now, but I remember when Kamdyn was in the infant room. She has grown up so much! I got your blog through Katie and Dedrie. I know them from Riverton, when I lived in their ward. Anyway, you are still cute as ever, and I was also noticing that you know the Duval's. How? My husband is a Sandy Officer and we have been following his story and trying to raise donations through Cougar Board for their family. So So sad! Anyway, my e-mail is kidocubed@yahoo.com and my blog is susannesfam.blogspot.com I would love to hear back from you. I was always inspired by you...I know have 4 kids and am loving it. You gave me the courage to have that fourth! Thanks for letting blog a really long blog:)
susanne
O the beloved binky...Coop was my only binky lover and we were at the Disney store and he saw a Buzz that he wanted. I told him to give me the binky and he could have buzz. He only asked for it once again and I said it is gone, you got Buzz. That was the end of the binky. I think getting rid of the binky is easier than we think it will be. Good luck when the time comes. She looks darling with it.
Thanks so much for responding. I was thrilled to get to know your family better through your blog. And might I add that you suck. You're body is like perfect. I know that you very hard for it and therefore deserve it, but you still suck. That being said, you inspire me to get my rear in gear and get back into shape. I may start working @ night doing some hospitality stuff to help make ends meet, so I may get to take some classed from you again. We shall see. Take care, & hope this isn't our last chat:)
she is the CUTEST!!
before Lucy was born I told Jonah 100 times that binkies are for babies. He helped me pick out some newborn ones for her, and within a few weeks he was done.
so maybe you'll have to have #5.....eek!
Post a Comment