CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Kaleb has got your back...



I know that I run the risk of ruining the legend of the tooth fairy, but this was too funny not to post.


Here is the scenario...Nate and I are THE WORST TOOTH FAIRYS known to mankind. AJ(who is 9, and on the verge of not believing anymore anyway) lost one of his molars yesterday afternoon. We proudly cleaned it, put it in a ziploc bag and of course placed it under his pillow. Well, this morning while I was busily cleaning the house, and feeding the kids their breakfast, AJ informed me that the tooth fairy forgot to leave him $ and his tooth was still under his pillow....ugh!!! Late last night, I gave the assignment to Nate, because he is the one who stays up late, so I can blame it all on him right???:) AJ continues informing me that this is the third time the tooth fairy has forgotten his tooth....He is not alone, Taylor has the same horrible Fairy that always comes two days after she looses a tooth.


So here it is bedtime and Nate and I are putting the kids to bed and listening to them pray...Here is what Kaleb asked for..."Please bless that AJ will get money from the tooth fairy".


I was helping him pray and I was shaking uncontrollably, I could not continue with out spoiling my little guys prayer...I peeked over at Nate and said HELP...He mustered enough self control to help wrap up Kaleb's prayer.


Talk about having your brother's back!!!
Tell me Nate and I aren't the only ones that stink at this...what is the big deal, and why do we forget almost every time???

10 comments:

Debbie Thomas said...

Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard. We too are the worst tooth fairies in the world. We have forgotten for like over a week. How hard is it really to put a couple bucks under a pillow!!! It just is for us. I was so happy when our oldest ones finally found us out. Now they help and remind us to be better with the little ones.

McDougal's said...

Your awesome! This makes me feel so much better. Our tooth fairy is crazy too, we have found out that she doesn't work on holidays (evern flag day) and for sure not on Sunday nights because that would be bad (teeth at our house tend to fall out on sunday) and then when she doesn't come Monday night either, we decided that it was having her family night too. The worst is I am a dental hygienist, I mean really... teeth..they are my thing! Well thanks for making me feel better!
Tammy

McDougal's said...

sorry about the crazy sentences and spelling, hence the posting time and i have been up for 2 hours. Kids with nightmares...it ruins your sleep.

Kathy said...

That's hilarious! What a good brother!

The Brann's said...

That's such a cute story. I would love to see your face on the mornings, when AJ's telling you that tooth fairy forgot about him. That would be hilarious!!!

The Brann's said...

That's such a cute story. I would love to see your face on the mornings, when AJ's telling you that tooth fairy forgot about him. That would be hilarious!!!

Candace said...

So since we have done that before we tried a different method... Brevan was asleep for about an hour and we hurry and took care of it. Well, he woke up about an hour later and asked how did the tooth fairy get into the house when we were still watching TV with all the lights on!!!!

Anonymous said...

so funny:)! my kids don't even leave their teeth under their pillow anymore because we have forgotton so much-

Donahoe Family said...

No worries - we're right there with you..many times actually! We found a bag a couple of weeks ago with one of Josh's teeth in it...um probably from over 5 months ago - true story! Imagine how I felt then!! Poor Josh. Maybe we can redeem ourselves with the younger two, they haven't lost any teeth yet so maybe there is still hope. Love the post! And truly, could your kids just be any cuter??

Jamie said...

We are terrible too. I think we have forgotten four times. I usually say, "maybe it fell on the floor, I'll help you look", and then I plant the money and they miraculously find it!