Well, I know summer is almost over, because labor day has come and gone. Sunday night we had Katie and Aaron Dejong over for what we planned on being a BBQ on the back patio. (we just poured concrete last weekend, and were stoked to hang outside). Just as Katie and Aaron showed up, our plans changed. The wind was kicking up dust from the neighbors sandbox, the grill would not light, the kids and Katie almost blew away in the wind.
So the boys moved the grill into the garage, moved the patio furniture and we took our party indoors. It didn't matter because we had agreat time, ate some great food and laughed at the kids and at ourselves. Maybe Nate's worm skills were the highlight of the evening, wouldn't you agree Katie? Aaron is on the hook for the next get together, you tell him he has to top the worm...
We love the Dejong's, and we feel so blessed to have them for such good friends. Their little guy Tanner is such a hoot, my kids love to make him laugh, he has a great giggle. Thanks for weathering the storm with us on Sunday!!



2 comments:
The concrete looks great. You two are such cute friends!
I am so sad that summer is over, I love the fall, but I am having a really hard time accepting the whole winter thing. I hate winter!
Love the pics! Looks like you had a great time! Wish we could have made it. What a fun idea to do the aquarium.
Post a Comment